Required Minimum Distribution from an IRA
- You can make a significant gift of current cash directly from your IRA.
- You receive IRS "credit" for the amount of your gift against your Required Minimum Distribution.
- You do not have to recognize the gift as income and do not pay taxes on it.
How this works:
- Contact your IRA administrator (in writing) and ask the administrator to cut a check to Canterbury School.
- Have the administrator mail the check or send the gift directly to us or to you to deliver to us - just make sure the check is made out to Canterbury School and NOT to you.
- Notify us that you are sending an IRA distribution to us.
If you would like to learn more about these kinds of gifts of if you would like to see a confidential example designed specifically for you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Development