Lower School Extended Day
We're committed to supporting parents, helping to balance work and family.
That's why we offer the After-school Program for our Lower School students. The program offers supervised recreation and quiet study, as well as nutritious afternoon snacks. Grades 3 and 4 students participate in a 30-minute supervised, quiet homework session, as well. This service is available in the EDC room:
- Monday through Thursday, from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, from 3 to 5:30 p.m.
The After-school Program is $8 per hour until closing time. A late-fee of $1 per minute past closing time will be charged. These monetary totals will be calculated on a monthly basis and turned into the Canterbury School Business Office.
After-school Program Expectations:
- Every participating student must sign in by 3:05 p.m. and must remain in the EDC until they have signed out.Parents must park and come into the building to sign their students out. Prior to 4:30 p.m. enter through Door 1. After 4:30 p.m. pick up is at Door 5.
- Students cannot leave the EDC without the permission of the program director.
- For students in grades 3 and 4, Homework Club is offered from 3:30 - 4 p.m. Students must bring homework or a book to read.
- Expectations for positive behavior must be met for participation in After-school Program.
- Time spent in After-school Program before an Enrichment class is at no cost. Billing begins if a child returns to program after Enrichment class is over.