The Parent Association offers SCRIP as a service to the Canterbury Community, saving you time and money.
During the 2017-18 school year, the Canterbury SCRIP program gave more than $7,000 to families in tuition credit and an additional $7,000 to the Parent Association.
SCRIP gives you the opportunity to purchase gift cards for things you use daily, such as groceries, gas, clothing, gifts and more. Companies participating in the SCRIP program reward your loyalty to their stores by donating a portion of your gift card purchases to the school. Fifty percent of that donation will be credited toward your child’s 2018-19 tuition bill.
We have more than 1,000 cards, from Starbucks, Barnes & Noble and DeBrand's to Target, Panera and McDonald's. You can choose from low denominations to $100 Discover cards for your convenience and easy gifting.
If you're an online shopper, you might want to sign up for PrestoPay. You can buy electronic Amazon gift cards for the exact amount you need with PrestoPay, right before you checkout.
Hours of Operation
During the academic year, the SCRIP store is open on Tuesdays from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Please note: You will need to pick up your SCRIP order from the Middle School Office once you're notified that your order has been fulfilled.
The best thing about SCRIP is every time you use it, you're saving money and supporting Canterbury, too! If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- ORDERING SCRIP
- ORDERING SCRIP ONLINE
- PICKING UP SCRIP ORDERS
- TIPS FOR USING SCRIP
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can purchase SCRIP one of three ways:
- Complete the SCRIP Weekly Order Form. Submit the form, and your check made out to “Canterbury SCRIP,” to any school office. Orders placed before Tuesday at noon will be available for pick up at the SCRIP Store, or for delivery, on the following Tuesday. (Your order may be sent to school with your child; however, we are unable to process orders received after 12 noon.)
- Place your order online at www.shopwithscrip.com. You can pay using PrestoPay, a direct debit service. Setting up PrestoPay is simple: Just enter your back routing and account numbers, and follow the on-screen instructions. Using this method, you can choose from the hundreds of online vendor options. Orders will be available for pick up at the SCRIP Store, or for delivery, on the following Tuesday.
- Purchase SCRIP at the Canterbury SCRIP Store, located in the Middle School Ash Commons, on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m. We have several cards on hand, but if we don't have what you're looking for, we'll order and deliver it to you the following Tuesday.
Please note: The SCRIP Program Agreement and Delivery/Pick Up Options Form must be completed prior to placing an order by anyone who wishes to participate in the SCRIP program.
You can order SCRIP online at www.shopwithscrip.com. This one-to-three-day process, when complete, allows you to place online orders.
Follow these instructions to set up your online account:
- First, email the Canterbury School SCRIP coordinator to receive Canterbury's unique 13-digit enrollment code.
- Once you've received the 13-digital enrollment code, visit www.shopwithscrip.com, and follow the on-screen instructions. You'll need your bank routing and account numbers. Be sure to link your account to Canterbury School using the enrollment code.
- Click “Home.” You should see your name at the top of the page.
- Click “My Account.” You should see “You do not have a Presto Pay account, click here.” Click where indicated.
- Enroll in Presto Pay by providing your bank routing number and account number.
- Shortly afterward, you'll receive an email explaining that Presto Pay will make two small deposits in your account within the next 48 hours. Once you see those deposits in your checking account, note the amounts (i.e.: $0.20 and $0.07), and return to www.shopwithscrip.com.
- Log into your account using the username and password you previously created. Go to “My Account.”
- At the top of the page, you'll see “Your Presto Pay account has not been verified. Click here to verify.” Click where indicated, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You'll be emailed an approval code. Email that code to Canterbury’s SCRIP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account will be activated, and you'll receive an email confirming your account is active.
You can then establish your own “Favorites” list or simply type the name of the company you wish to purchase and then select a denomination. Happy shopping!
Special delivery options are available to EC, LS, MS and HS students. Please complete the Program Agreement and Delivery/Pick Up Options Form to indicate which option you prefer. This form states that you accept responsibility for your order once it is in your child’s possession. The school cannot be held liable for lost SCRIP orders once the order has been given to your child.
For Early Childhood/K-Prep Students
SCRIP orders may be sent home with EC/KPrep students. SCRIP volunteers will deliver your order to your child’s teacher who will then place it in your child’s green folder or book bag.
For Lower School Students
SCRIP orders may be sent home with LS students. SCRIP volunteers will give your order to your child's teacher who will make sure the order is placed in their green folder or backpack."
For Middle School Students
MS students may pick up your SCRIP order after school on Tuesdays at the SCRIP Store. Your student will need to complete their work crew duties and then stop at the SCRIP table located in the MS Ash Commons. They will be required to sign that they received your order.
For High School StudentsHS students with parental permission may pick up SCRIP orders in the HS office after 3:15 p.m. on Tuesdays. A note will be placed on your student’s locker reminding him or her to stop at the HS office after school. Parents should remember that SCRIP is cash. If your HS student has after school activities on Tuesdays, your SCRIP order should be locked in a locker during that time.
Use these great ideas to get more out of your SCRIP purchases.
If you discover any other SCRIP TIPS, please let us know so we can share your ideas with other Canterbury families. You can contact us at email@example.com.
- Did you know you can buy postage stamps at Walgreens (6%) and Office Depot (4%)? Buy SCRIP and purchase your stamps at one of these locations.
- Purchasing supplies for your business? Or gift cards for your employees? Use SCRIP for your business needs and credit the rebate to your child’s tuition account.
- Here is a way to double dip at Kohl’s: Go ahead and use your Kohl’s card to do your shopping and earn Kohl’s cash during special promotions. When it’s time to pay your Kohl’s charge account bill, purchase Kohl’s (4%) SCRIP and pay your Kohl’s bill at the in-store customer service counter.
- Taking a vacation? Use SCRIP to pay for hotels, gas, rental cars, fast food, plane tickets, cruises, and don’t forget Disney! Avis Car Rental (8%), Budget Car Rental (8%), Marriott (8%), Comfort Suites (4%), Hyatt (9%), Carnival (8%), Celebrity Cruise Lines (9%) and Disney (2%) are all supporters of SCRIP. Sign up online at www.shopwithscrip.com to see all the available vendors.
- Is it time to replace your refrigerator? Planning on some remodelng? Purchase your major appliances and remodeling supplies at Home Depot (5%), Lowe’s (4%) or Sears (4%).
- Office Depot is a great place to double dip. When it’s time to check out, pay for your purchases with Office Depot (4%) SCRIP and ask to have your purchases credited to Canterbury School. The clerk will look up our account number and Canterbury will automatically receive a credit.
- Everyone wants to save on gas. Receive 10 cents off per gallon of gas at Walmart gas stations when you use a Walmart gift card. Just use Walmart SCRIP to pay for your gas and save money every time you fill the tank. (This offer is only valid during certain times of the year, so watch for notes from us in the newsletter.)
- Take advantage of fuel points at Kroger. First, of course, buy a re-loadable Kroger SCRIP card. Cards can be reloaded at any Kroger store using cash, check or credit card. Each time you shop at Kroger, scan your Kroger loyalty card (or enter your alternate ID number) at the register. You will earn one Kroger fuel point for every dollar spent. For every 100 fuel points earned, you can save 10 cents per gallon. Fill your tank with 20 gallons of gas and save $2. If you have 400 points, save 40 cents per gallon off the price of some very expensive fuel! You can save up to $2 off per gallon...amazing! Fuel points expire so be sure to check the bottom of your receipt each time you shop.
- Caution: If you see an item at an online retailer and purchase SCRIP to pay for it, be warned that the online sale (or the size you wanted) may no longer be available the time you receive your order on the following Tuesday.
- We know you love your latte. You can use Starbucks (7%) gift cards to load your Gold Card. You don’t have to give up your 10 percent discount and all the other Gold Card perks. Phew!
Q: What is SCRIP?
A: SCRIP is a vendor rebate program used by schools, sport clubs, churches and other non-profit organizations to raise money using merchant certificates. SCRIP offers your family the opportunity to purchase gift cards for things you use every day like groceries, gas, clothing and more. Retailers that participate in the SCRIP program reward your loyalty to their stores by providing a rebate to the school. Canterbury will, in turn, reward your participation in the SCRIP program by allowing you to apply 50 percent of that rebate toward your tuition bill in the following school year.
Q: Who can purchase SCRIP?
A: All Canterbury families, staff, faculty and friends are welcome to purchase SCRIP. Please don't be offended if we call to verify your identity. SCRIP programs are subject to fraud and we need to be careful.
Q: Is there a cost to participate?
A: No. There are absolutely no costs to participate. Participation in the SCRIP program is completely voluntary. The only “cost” - if there is one - is the preplanning required to purchase the gift cards you need.
Q: Where can I find SCRIP certificates?
A: The certificates sold through the Canterbury Parent Association SCRIP Program come directly from the retailers. The certificates are the same gift cards you would buy if you went to the participating retailer and purchased them yourself.
Q: How can I purchase SCRIP?
A: SCRIP can be purchased in one of three ways:
Q: Can I pay for SCRIP with a credit card?
A: Unfortunately, the Parent Association cannot accept credit card payments for SCRIP orders. The only acceptable forms of payment are cash, check and direct debit from your checking account (if you are ordering via www.shopwithscrip.com).
Q: What if my check is returned?
A: A $30 charge will be assessed to any orders paid with checks that are returned due to insufficient funds. This fee is in addition to any fee your bank may charge. In addition, the order in question will be held until the $30 insufficient funds fee is paid and the order total is paid in cash. Upon a second returned check, you will only be permitted to pay for your orders in cash.
Q: Do I have to order SCRIP every week?
A: No. There are no requirements for ordering. You can order as frequently or infrequently as you like.
Q: What are the delivery options for my order?
A: We have many new options for pick up and delivery to EC/K-Prep, LS, MS and HS students. If you wish to have your child transport your SCRIP order, you must sign the waiver located on the Program Agreement/Delivery and Pick Up Options form, which can be found on the school website (one is provided in this mailing). You will need to evaluate if your child is responsible enough to carry your order. The school cannot be responsible for SCRIP orders once they have been given to your student.
Q: What if I lose a gift card?
A: SCRIP is considered cash and should be treated as such. Unfortunately, the school cannot be responsible if gift cards are lost while in your possession.
Q: Are the gifts cards re-loadable?
A: Many of the gift cards are re-loadable. The original card must be purchased through the school SCRIP program and then reloaded online at www.shopwithscrip.com. A list of companies participating in the Reload options can be found at the same website.
Q: Where can I see a complete list of SCRIP offerings?
A: Visit www.shopwithscrip.com to view the complete list of participating vendors. The Weekly Order Form and SCRIP Store Form offer only a fraction of the hundreds of vendors available.
Q: What is SCRIPNOW?
A: ScripNow! allows you to buy and print gift cards from home. This convenient option is available only to families signed up at www.shopwithscrip.com and enrolled in PresoPay. A complete list of vendors participating in ScripNow! is located at www.shopwithscrip.com.
Q: Who do I contact with questions about SCRIP?
A: Email the SCRIP program coordinators with any questions concerning the SCRIP program. The'll respond promptly to your requests.