Occasionally, inclement weather forces school cancellations or delays.
Criteria used in cancelling or delaying school include weather reports, specific local conditions and the desire to hold school whenever possible. The school recognizes that individual family situations and geography vary considerably and respects the right of parents to keep their children home in inclement weather.
We make every effort to post school cancellations and delays on the following platforms:
- News Stations: WOWO Radio (1190 AM), WPTA-TV (Channels 21 and 7). Both television stations all you to sign up for school closing and delay alerts on their websites.
- Canterbury School Homepage
- Canterbury School Social Media Accounts
Two-hour Delay Schedule and Notes
- 9:45-10 a.m.: Carpool for Lower, Middle and High School students
- 10 a.m.: School begins for Lower, Middle and High School students
- The school will not be open prior to 9:45 a.m.
- There is no Before-school Care for Lower School students.
- Before-school clubs, practices and activities will be cancelled.
- Bus drivers will pick up students from their normal locations, two hours past the normal time. They will notify you of any further changes.
Early Childhood: Two-hour Delay Schedule and Notes
- 10 a.m.: Morning Enrichment begins for Canterbury Kids, Cavaliers and Junior Kindergarten students.
- 10-10:10 a.m.: Carpool for Early Childhood A.M. students.
- 10:10 a.m.: School begins for Early Childhood A.M. students.
- Noon: School dismisses for Early Childhood A.M. students.
- Noon-1 p.m.: Lunch Bunch for Canterbury Kids, Cavaliers and Junior Kindergarten students.
- 1-3 p.m.: Afternoon Enrichment begins for Early Childhood students.
- 1-1:10 p.m.: Carpool for Early Childhood P.M. students.
- 1:10 p.m.: School begins for Early Childhood P.M. students.
- 3 p.m.: School dismisses for Early Childhood P.M. students
- There is no EC Early Bird Care for Early Childhood students.
The decision to cancel after-school activities will be made prior to 2:30 p.m. in the Lower and Middle Schools. Decisions for High School activities may be made later than 2:30 p.m.
If we have school but need to cancel after-school activities due to weather, we'll post information on the school homepage as we receive it from activity leaders. Athletic coaches or team parents will also send team emails, as they do for other team communication.
If you'd like to receive text alerts about school cancellations and delays, please follow these simple steps:
1. Open your text message app and enter 81010 in the "To" field.
2. In the text message field, enter the appropriate division code:
- Early Childhood parents should enter: @ec-csfw
- Lower School parents should enter: @ls-csfw
- Middle School parents should enter: @ms-csfw
- High School parents should enter: @hs-csfw
- Canterbury School faculty members should enter: @fac-csfw
3. Send your message.
You’ll receive a welcome text message.
If you have trouble with 81010, you can try texting your division code to (502) 603-6022.