Financial aid applications will not affect admission decisions; they are considered separately and are held in the strictest of confidence. Financial aid is awarded only to students who have completed the Admissions Application Process and have been officially accepted.
FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILTY
Financial aid awards are based solely upon the family's financial need, determined by an independent analysis of a family's resources and commitments. In computing the amount of the award, Canterbury considers factors such as family size, income, expenses, assets and liabilities, and number of children enrolling in tuition charging institutions.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Because financial aid is limited, an early application is advisable. (NOTE: Returning Families and Newly Accepted Families, please see your January 19, 2018, deadline information at the bottom of page.)
Canterbury has selected the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) program as its analysis service in establishing each family’s level of financial aid.
Please note: No full financial aid awards are given. Typically, awards are 90% of demonstrated need.
Because financial aid is determined based on demonstrated need, families must reapply each year. The school is committed to funding families consistently each year, including tuition increases, provided the financial situation does not change dramatically from the previous year.
HELPFUL TIPS WHEN APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
- You only need to complete one application per household.
- Enter whole numbers and be sure to complete each section fully.
- Use good faith estimates for items where you may not know the exact number.
- Tell your story. Offer explanations when appropriate, so your story or situation is clear and understandable to the financial aid committee.
- A $43 processing fee, to be paid by credit card, is applied at the completion of the application.
- You may mail your most recently filed Federal Form 1040 – with all supporting schedules and W-2's – to Independent School Management, FAST Processing, 1316 North Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806-2594. Please include “Canterbury School – Fort Wayne” on the outside of the envelope and include the “Cover Page” bar code to ensure faster processing of your application.
- Alternatively, you may contact the FAST call center at 877-326-3278 and have the PDF feature enabled for your application allowing for an upload of tax documents.
IMPORTANT DEADLINE FOR RETURNING AND NEWLY ACCEPTED FAMILIES
January 19, 2018
The deadline for completion of the FAST form for returning families and those newly accepted is January 19, 2018. Because financial aid funds are limited and demand for them is high, late filing of materials will result in your request moving to a second round of consideration, when funds will be less available. Therefore, to avoid lower availability of aid or potential non-renewal of a financial award, please be sure to adhere to the deadline above.
Award notification letters for this first round of consideration will be included with the enrollment contract.
NOTIFICATION OF FINANCIAL AID RECIPIENTS
If a family qualifies for financial aid, a letter will be included in the contract packet to the family detailing the amount of the grant. A financial aid award will not be considered final until all the necessary documentation has been received by the school's business office. The signed contract and non-refundable deposit are due to the Admissions Office on February 21, 2018 for returning students.
Canterbury does not discriminate in the administration of its financial aid policies because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or age in violation of existing state or federal law or regulations.