High School Sports Forms
Below is information students athletes will need to play sports at Canterbury School, along with forms that must be submitted prior to the first day of practice.
- Important letter from Canterbury Athletics Department
- IHSAA Annual Sports Physical Form for 2022-23
- This form must be completed and returned to the Athletics Department, to the attention of the athletic trainer.
- Student Emergency Form 2022-23
- Student Transfer Form
- For students in Grades 10-12 who transfer to Canterbury and wish to play a sport.
HEADS UP Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Laws IC 20-34-7 and IC 20-34-8 require schools to distribute information sheets to inform and educate student athletes and their parents on the nature and risk of concussion, head injury, and sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) to student athletes, including the risks of continuing to play after concussion or head injury.
- IC 20-34-7 states that a high school athlete who is suspected of sustaining a concussion or head injury in a practice or game, shall be removed from play at the time of injury and may not return to play until the student athlete has received a written clearance from a licensed health care provider trained in the evaluation and management of concussions and head injuries.
- IC 20-34-8 states that a student athlete who is suspected of experiencing symptoms of sudden cardiac arrest shall be removed from play and may not return to play until the coach has received verbal permission from a parent or legal guardian of the student athlete to return to play. Within 24 hours, this verbal permission must be replaced by a written statement from the parent or guardian.
These laws require that each year, before beginning practice for an interscholastic or intramural sport, a student athlete and the student athlete’s parents must be given an information sheet, and both must sign and return a form acknowledging receipt of the information to the student athlete’s coach.
Read the information linked below regarding concussions and SCA. Then complete and submit the form.
Please note: Students must submit the student form, and parents must submit the parent form, annually.
Parents cannot complete the student form; student athletes must complete the student form.