Malone Scholars Program
In May 2009, Canterbury School was selected by the Malone Family Foundation to receive a $2 million endowment for the funding of educational opportunities for academically talented and motivated students whose families demonstrate financial need.Canterbury is one of just 50 schools in the nation to be part of this prestigious program. The amount of the award varies, according to the financial need documented by the student’s family.
Founded by Dr. John C. Malone of Colorado, the Malone Family Foundation’s primary goal is to provide scholarship funding at the secondary level for students who are at the 95 percent or above of their classes, and who have the desire and drive to maximize their potential, but have limited financial resources to attend independent schools.
If your child does not qualify for Malone Scholar status, financial aid may still be available to help you afford a Canterbury School education. If you apply for the Malone Scholarship, you will automatically be considered for any aid available through the school’s financial aid program. All financial aid information is confidential.
This opportunity is extended to students not currently attending Canterbury School. To be a candidate for the Malone Scholars Program at Canterbury School, a student must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet the admission requirements of Canterbury School
- Perform in the top 5 percent of students nationally, in his/her class
- Perform at the 95th percentile or higher on national standardized testing
- Seek a college preparatory education
- Show enthusiasm and motivation for maximizing his/her educational opportunities
- Have demonstrated financial need of at least 30 percent of school costs
- Seek admission to Canterbury School
You can complete application process for the Malone Scholars Program is two simple steps:
- Complete the online application on this page.
- Complete the financial aid form. You'll receive an email with a link to the form, upon completion of the online application on this page.
- Complete a qualifying test at Canterbury Middle or High School (dates to be announced).
There is no fee for participating in the Malone Scholars Program.
The 2018 Canterbury Scholars Competition was held on Saturday, Oct. 6. Please check back in August 2019 for the 2019 Competition date and further details.
Director of Enrollment Management
Grades 9 – 12