We're thrilled you've decided to include Canterbury School in your search!
We're accepting applications for the 2020-21 academic year for all grade levels, Early Childhood through High School. We're also happy to accept mid-year transfer and international students.
Our Admission staff is committed to providing you the resources you need to make this process as easy, timely and meaningful as possible. Simply follow the steps below, and don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions along the way. We look forward to reviewing your application!
- STEP 1: SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
- STEP 2: SCHEDULE A VISIT DAY
- STEP 3: COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FILE
- STEP 4: TAKE AN ADMISSIONS TEST
Complete your online application and submit your application fee. That's it!
- Kindergarten-Grade 12 Application
- Early Childhood Application (NEW students) Opens Nov. 1, 2019
- Early Childhood Re-enrollment Application (RETURNING students)
- Kindergarten Assessment (RETURNING Students)
Fees are $75 for Kindergarten (new Canterbury students only) and $35 for applicants new to Early Childhood and Grades 1-12.
The best way to get to know Canterbury School, and make sure we're a good fit, is to explore our campus. That's why we require applicants to schedule a visit.
- Early Childhood applicants are scheduled for a 45-minute classroom visit.
- Kindergarten applications are schedule for a half-day visit.
- Lower School (Grades 1-4) applicants spend 2 days at Canterbury.
- Middle School (Grades 5-8) applicants spend at least 1 day at Canterbury.
- High School (Grades 9 -12) applicants spend at least 1 day at Canterbury.
Contact the Admissions Office to schedule your visit.
The applicant, or the applicant's school, should send current transcripts (High School applicants) or progress/grade cards (Lower and Middle School applicants) from the applicant’s current school to the Canterbury School Admissions Office.
Two or three letters of recommendation are also required. Confidential recommendation forms will be mailed directly to the references listed on the student’s application, which should be completed and returned to Canterbury.
This Step 3 is not necessary for Early Childhood applicants.
Testing is required of all applicants. Testing will be completed on the applicant's visit day or during one of the pre-selected dates (highly recommended). The test includes assessment of both aptitude and achievement. For Kindergarten, developmental and aptitude assessments are given.
This Step 4 is not necessary for Early Childhood applicants.