At Canterbury School, we encourage families and students to make reading an ongoing part of their summer.
Regular reading develops multiple critical thinking skills, increases vocabulary and verbal proficiency, sparks the imagination, and provides vicarious experiences. And, it prepares students for academic excellence and helps foster a life-long love of literature and reading.
Canterbury School English Department representatives, in collaboration with school librarians and teachers, have created lists of titles for students in each division. Parents should click on the division their students will enter as of the 2021-22 school year to view the summer reading list; High School students should click the course they'll enter to view the reading list and additional instructions.
- Early Childhood Summer Reading List
- Lower School Summer Reading List
- Middle School Summer Reading List
- High School Summer Reading List
- Grade 9 Reading Questions / Assignment
- Grade 10 Reading Questions / Assignment
- Grade 11 Reading Questions / Assignment
- Grade 12 AP English Lit. & Comp. Questions / Assignment
- Grade 12 Advanced World Literature & Composition Questions / Assignment
- Grade 12 Vision & Voice Reading Questions / Assignment