After School Program
At Canterbury Middle School, we’re pleased to offer a supervised after-school program!
This program includes various educational and fun activities, as well as down time to complete homework or simply relax. Students who have a delayed pick-up time, who must wait for an extra-curricular activity or practice, or who need to stay beyond the 3:30 p.m. bell are welcome to participate. The After-school Program is available daily:
- Monday – Thursday, 3:15 – 6 p.m.
- Friday, 3:15 – 5:30 p.m.
The After-school Program is $6.50 per hour until closing time. (However, you will not be charged if your student is required to stay in the Cafeteria for an after-school, Canterbury-sponsored practice or rehearsal.) A late fee of $15 per 15 minutes past closing time will be charged. These monetary totals will be calculated on a monthly basis and turned into the Canterbury School Business Office.
- Every participating student must sign in by 3:30 p.m., and they must remain in the cafeteria until they’ve signed out.
- Parents of students in Grades 5-6 must park and come into the building to sign their students out.
- Parents of students in Grades 7-8 may send a text to their students, letting them know they’re outside, and students may then sign themselves out. Students will be asked to show the text to the supervisor at sign out. Do not text your student until you have arrived and have pulled up to the door.
- Students may not watch for a parent by the school door.
- All students must bring quiet work to do.
- All students are asked to maintain an atmosphere condusive to “quiet study time”.
- Students cannot leave the cafeteria without the permission of the program director.