Enrichment and Extended Day Programs
Canterbury’s Enrichment and Extended Care Programs offer additional educational and social programs to complement a student’s school day schedule.
At Canterbury Lower School, our after-school Enrichment Programs are designed to cultivate independent thinkers, problem solvers, and collaborative learners. Each program is about seven weeks long, and new topics and special interests are introduced quarterly.
Enrichment Session 3 (February 3 - March 19) is excited to offer the following:
- Private Piano Lessons
- Get Your Game On!
- Engineering Challenges
- Games Galore
- Yoga Kids
- Spree Gymnastics
- Ballet Foundations
- Escape Room
- Memory Quilt
- Christy's Crafts
- Fun with French
- That's so A-MAZE-ing!
- March Madness
- Creative Clay
Registration for Lower School Enrichment opens January 22 at 6 a.m.!
Click here to register.
We're committed to supporting parents, helping to balance work and family.
That's why we offer the After-school Program for our Lower School students. The program offers supervised recreation and quiet study, as well as nutritious afternoon snacks. Grades 3 and 4 students participate in a 30-minute supervised, quiet homework session, as well. This service is available in the EDC room:
- Monday through Thursday, from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, from 3 to 5:30 p.m.
The After-school Program is $8 per hour until closing time. A late-fee of $1 per minute past closing time will be charged. These monetary totals will be calculated on a monthly basis and turned into the Canterbury School Business Office.
After-school Program Expectations:
- Every participating student must sign in by 3:05 p.m. and must remain in the EDC until they have signed out.Parents must park and come into the building to sign their students out. Prior to 4:30 p.m. enter through Door 1. After 4:30 p.m. pick up is at Door 5.
- Students cannot leave the EDC without the permission of the program director.
- For students in grades 3 and 4, Homework Club is offered from 3:30 - 4 p.m. Students must bring homework or a book to read.
- Expectations for positive behavior must be met for participation in After-school Program.
- Time spent in After-school Program before an Enrichment class is at no cost. Billing begins if a child returns to program after Enrichment class is over.