Frequently Asked Questions
- ARE THERE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ME TO VOLUNTEER AT THE SCHOOL?
- WHAT POLICIES ARE IN PLACE FOR MY CHILD'S SAFETY?
- IS THERE A DRESS CODE FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDENTS?
- ARE 2-YEAR-OLDS EXPECTED TO BE POTTY TRAINED?
- WHAT TYPE OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY WILL MY CHILD EXPERIENCE?
- DO STUDENTS TAKE FIELD TRIPS?
- DO EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHERS HAVE FOUR-YEAR DEGREES?
- WHAT IF MY CHILD HAS ALLERGIES OR FOOD RESTRICTIONS?
- IS THERE AN ON-STAFF NURSE?
Parents are welcome – even encouraged – to volunteer at Canterbury School. Parent volunteers help in the classroom, at carpool, in the library, and on field trips. They also assist with a wide variety of special events sponsored by the Parent Association. Check out a list of school-wide volunteer opportunities here.
Canterbury is a community in which everyone knows your name. Before- and after-school carpool is run by faculty who will greet you and make sure your child gets to and from school entrances safely. Unique carpool numbers are issued to each family, and no child is released to a car that doesn't display their family's carpool number. After carpool, all entrances are locked, and all other doors have a code system.