Frequently Asked Questions
- ARE THERE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ME TO VOLUNTEER AT THE SCHOOL?
- WHAT POLICIES ARE IN PLACE FOR MY CHILD'S SAFETY?
- IS THERE A DRESS CODE FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDENTS?
- ARE 2-YEAR-OLDS EXPECTED TO BE POTTY TRAINED?
- DOES CANTERBURY PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION?
- WHAT TYPE OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY WILL MY CHILD EXPERIENCE?
- DO STUDENTS TAKE FIELD TRIPS?
- DO EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHERS HAVE FOUR-YEAR DEGREES?
- WHAT IF MY CHILD HAS ALLERGIES OR FOOD RESTRICTIONS?
- IS THERE AN ON-STAFF NURSE?
Canterbury is a community in which everyone knows your name. Before- and after-school carpool is run by faculty who will greet you make sure your child gets to and from school entrances safely. After carpool, all entrances are locked, and all other doors have a code system. Carpool numbers are issued, and no child is released to a car that doesn't display that number.
Starting in Junior Kindergarten, bus service is an option. This is handled on an individual basis, and parents should work with the Early Childhood Director and Transportation Director to make necessary arrangements.
We offer several bus routes throughout Allen County, as well as several outlying communities. Student pick up is not door-to-door, but is generally at a common pick-up and drop-off point in close proximity to a child’s neighborhood. Learn more about transportation services here.