The Parent Association offers SCRIP as a service to the Canterbury Community. SCRIP gives you the opportunity to purchase gift cards for things you use every day like gas, clothing, groceries and dining. Companies participating in the SCRIP program, reward your loyalty to their stores by donating a portion of your gift card purchases to the school. Fifty percent of that donation will be credited toward your child’s 2014-2015 tuition bill. More than 750 national vendors participate in SCRIP. Read the information in each of the silver accordion tabs below, print the forms from the right hand column, and start earning tuition credit today!
SCRIP may be purchased three ways
Complete the SCRIP Weekly Order Form. Bring the form and your check, made out to “Canterbury SCRIP,” to any school office on Tuesday by noon. (Your order may be sent to school with your child; however, we are unable to process orders received after 12 p.m.) Orders will be available for pick up at the SCRIP Store or for delivery on the following Tuesday.
Place your order online at
. You may pay using “PrestoPay” (direct debit from your bank account) or bring a check to any office by noon on Tuesday. Setting up “PrestoPay” takes just a few minutes and requires entering your bank routing number and account number. The entire process to set up your account takes one to three days. Using this method, you may choose from the hundreds of vendor options listed online. Orders will be picked up on the following Tuesday as listed above.
Purchase SCRIP at the Canterbury SCRIP Store on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the MS Ash Commons. Using this method, your choices of product will be limited to the items we have in inventory.
SCRIP is cash. Once SCRIP gift cards are picked up, the school cannot be responsible if the gift cards are lost. For this reason, you must sign a waiver if you would like SCRIP to be sent home with your child. Delivery options can be found on the SCRIP Program Agreement and Delivery/Pick Up Options Form.
The SCRIP Program Agreement and Delivery/Pick Up Options Form must be completed prior to placing an order by anyone who wishes to participate in the SCRIP program.
Enrolling at www.shopwithscrip.com
is a one to three day process. Once that process is complete, you will be able to place orders online choosing from the hundreds of stores offered. When shopping online, payment will be made through either direct withdrawal from your checking account or by personal check. If you choose to pay by check, your check must be received by Tuesday at noon in any school division office. Orders may be picked up during the following Tuesday’s SCRIP Store hours, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the Middle School Ash Commons. (For other delivery options, complete the Delivery/Pick Up Options section of the SCRIP Program Agreement.)
Follow these instructions to set up your online account. Within three days, your account will be active, and you will be able to place an order.
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com and follow the simple instructions to establish your user name, password and banking information. Link your account to Canterbury School using Canterbury’s code: B45DLB7C28527.
- After enrolling and entering the Canterbury ID, click “Home.” You should see your name at the top of the page.
- Click “My Account.”
- At the top of the page, you will see “You do not have a Presto Pay account, click here.” Click where indicated.
- Enroll in Presto Pay by providing your bank routing number and account number.
- Shortly afterward, you will receive an email explaining that Presto Pay will make two small deposits in your account within the next 48 hours. Once you see those deposits in your checking account, note the amounts (e.g. $0.20 and $0.07) and return to www.shopwithscrip.com.
- Log into your account using the user name and password you previously created. Go to “My Account.”
- At the top of the page, you will see “Your Presto Pay account has not been verified. Click here to verify.” Click where indicated.
- Then simply enter the two deposit amounts in the space provided and press “Next.”
- You will be sent an email containing an approval code. Send that code to Canterbury’s Scrip Coordinator, Tish Teel, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will activate your account.
- You will then receive an email confirming your account is active.
You can then establish your own “Favorites” list or simply type the name of the company you wish to purchase and then select a denomination. Start shopping!
For the majority of Canterbury families
SCRIP orders may be picked up in the MS Ash Commons on Tuesdays during SCRIP Store hours, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Special delivery options are available to EC, LS, MS and HS students. Please complete the Program Agreement and Delivery/Pick Up Options Form to indicate which option you prefer. This form states that you accept responsibility for your order once it is in your child’s possession. The school cannot be held liable for lost SCRIP orders once the order has been given to your child.
For Early Childhood/K-Prep Students
SCRIP orders may be sent home with EC/KPrep students. SCRIP volunteers will deliver your order to your child’s teacher who will then place it in your child’s green folder or book bag.
For Lower School Students
SCRIP orders may be sent home with LS students. SCRIP volunteers will find your child in their classroom at the end of the day. We will have your child sign for the order and watch them place the order in their green folder or backpack.
For Lower School Students in Extended Day Care
For families with LS students in the after school Extended Day Care program, a parent will be able to pick their order in the Lower School EDC room before 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. (MS students attending MS Aftercare will need to pick up their order as explained below.)
For Middle School Students
MS students may pick up your SCRIP order after school on Tuesdays at the SCRIP Store. Your student will need to complete their work crew duties and then stop at the SCRIP table located in the MS Ash Commons. They will be required to sign that they received your order.
For High School Bus Riders or High School Students
HS bus riders and HS students with parental permission may pick up SCRIP orders in the HS office after 3:15 p.m. on Tuesdays. A note will be placed on your student’s locker reminding him or her to stop at the HS office after school. Parents should remember that SCRIP is cash. If your HS student has after school activities on Tuesdays, your SCRIP order should be locked in a locker during that time.
Use these great ideas to get more out of your SCRIP purchases! If you discover any other SCRIP TIPS, please let us know so we can share your ideas with other Canterbury families. You can contact us at email@example.com.
- Did you know you can buy postage stamps at Walgreens (6%) and Office Depot (4%)? Buy SCRIP and purchase your stamps at one of these locations.
- You can use Lands’ End SCRIP (16% rebate) at Sears! Sears and Lands’ End are affiliated but why use Sears SCRIP (only 4% rebate) when you can use Lands’ End SCRIP and earn a larger rebate? You can use Lands’ End for all your purchases at Sears including tools and appliances.
- Purchasing supplies for your business? Or gift cards for your employees? Use SCRIP for your business needs and credit the rebate to your child’s tuition account.
- Here is a way to double dip at Kohl’s. Go ahead and use your Kohl’s card to do your shopping and earn Kohl’s cash during special promotions. When it’s time to pay your Kohl’s charge account bill, purchase Kohl’s (4%) SCRIP and pay your Kohl’s bill at the in-store customer service counter.
- Taking a vacation? Use SCRIP to pay for hotels, gas, rental cars, fast food, plane tickets, cruises, and don’t forget Disney! Avis Car Rental (8%), Budget Car Rental (8%), Marriott (8%), Comfort Suites (4%), Hyatt (9%), Carnival (8%), Celebrity Cruise Lines (9%), and Disney (2%) are all supporters of SCRIP. Sign up online at www.shopwithscrip.com to see all the available vendors.
- Is it time to replace your refrigerator? Planning on some remodelng? Purchase your major appliances and remodeling supplies at Home Depot (5%), Lowe’s (4%) or Sears (don’t forget to use Lands’ End SCRIP 16% at Sears).
- Office Depot is a great place to double dip. When it’s time to check out, pay for your purchases with Office Depot (4%) SCRIP (of course) and ask to have your purchases credited to Canterbury School. The clerk will look up our account number and Canterbury will automatically receive a credit.
- Everyone wants to save on gas. Receive 10 cents off per gallon of gas at Walmart gas stations when you use a Walmart gift card. Just use Walmart SCRIP to pay for your gas and save money every time you fill the tank. (This offer is only valid during certain times of the year...so watch for notes from us in the newsletter.)
- Take advantage of fuel points at Kroger. First, of course, buy a Kroger reloadable SCRIP card. Cards can be reloaded at any Kroger store using cash, check or charge card. Each time you shop at Kroger, scan your Kroger loyalty card (or enter your alternate ID number) at the register. You will earn one Kroger fuel point for every dollar spent. For each 100 fuel points earned, you can save 10 cents per gallon. Fill your tank with 20 gallons of gas and save $2. If you have 400 points, save 40 cents per gallon off the price of some very expensive fuel! You can save up to $2 off per gallon...amazing! Fuel points expire so be sure to check the bottom of your receipt each time you shop.
- Caution : If you see an item at an online retailer and purchase SCRIP to pay for it, be warned that the online sale (or the size you wanted) may no longer be available the time you receive your order on the following Tuesday.
- We know you love your latte! You can use Starbucks (7%) gift cards to load your Gold Card. You don’t have to give up your 10 percent discount and all the other Gold Card perks. Phew!