For Middle School, each sports season, parents will fill out an online athlete participation form. The Middle School Fall Sports form is located in the right hand column.
FALL PRACTICES BEGIN IN AUGUST
Fall practice opportunities for many teams will begin on the first date allowable by IHSAA by-laws, namely Monday, August 3. Athletes must plan to be present for 10 practices (one per day) prior to being eligible for a contest in that sport (Exception: Girls Golf requirement is 2 practices).
Monday, August 10,
will be the mandatory date to attend practices for all. However, attendance beginning
Thursday, August 6,
will be necessary for athletes to get the minimum of 10 practices and thus be eligible for any early games as of August 20. Please check specific sport schedule for game dates.
Prior to classes starting, teams practice daily Monday-Friday, (Saturdays will be announced by team coaches) according to the following time schedule:
1st available Practice – Date/Time
Volleyball: (8/3) 10 a.m.-Noon
- Boys Soccer: (8/3-7) 8:30-10:30 a.m. AND ADD 8/10-14) 6-8 p.m.; 8/17-19: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Girls Soccer: (8/3) 9-10:30 a.m.
- Boys Tennis: (8/3) 8:30-11 a.m.
- Cross Country: (8/3) Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8-9:30 a.m.
- Girls Golf: (8/3) 9 a.m. @ Chestnut Hills
**Please contact team head coaches directly to discuss your individual concerns regarding practice attendance.
Questions or individual circumstances regarding participation on a team should be directed to the appropriate head coach listed. Do not take for granted that a coach knows your individual circumstances without your direct contact.
Canterbury High School Fall Sport Head Coaches:
BOYS SOCCER: Greg Mauch -- 625-3006
GIRLS SOCCER: Jen Crandal -- 417-4582
BOYS TENNIS: Jerry Gerig -- 478-6808
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: Jessica Fuller -- 415-8809
GIRLS GOLF: Bob Brothers -- 672-8473
CROSS COUNTRY: Rob Westfall -- (812) 322-3723
The following forms are MANDATORY and are due prior to any participation:
IHSAA physical form (PDF)
- Canterbury Emergency + Form/travel permission/insurance/trainer release (online only form ALL Students including non/athletes will submit this form by August 1.
- Concussion & Sudden Cardiac Awareness Parent and Student (online only) Parents and Student Athletes will each complete this form.
No one may practice August 3 or compete without completion and return of these necessary forms.
10 PRACTICE RULE
The IHSAA mandates a minimum 10 practices (one per day maximum counts toward the 10) prior to any game participation—please be attentive to the start date for your team to be sure you allow for adequate practice opportunities!
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS UP-TO-DATE
Necessary community service hours must be completed and on record with Mrs. Walda prior to any fall sport contest participation. Students have been updated on their status, but please contact Mrs. Walda directly with any questions. 2014-2015 Sophomores must have completed 20 hours and 2014-2015 Juniors must have completed 40 hours.
Additional dates of note for the Canterbury fall season:
- Monday, July 28: All summer sport camp attendance for Fall Sports must be completed.
Monday, Aug. 17: Mandatory Parent Athletics Meeting
- Wednesday, Aug. 19: Team Picture Day
Saturday, Sept. 19 : Canterbury Invitational for: Boys/Girls Soccer, Boys Tennis and Girls Volleyball