Canterbury Food Service strives to provide students with nutritional lunches and a la carte items. Our goal is to offer healthy,quality food choices that meet the nutritional needs of our students, as well as provide a vital part of the educational experience.
Hot lunch may be purchased:
- Yearly: August through June
- Four payment plan: Payments due August 10, October 17, December 20 and March 15
- Weekly: Payment due Friday of the previous week
- Daily: Students may purchase lunch on a daily basis with cash or check, no charges.
The Benefits of Hot Lunch
Access to a balanced, nutritious lunch that includes whole grains, fruits, vegetables and milk
Hot lunch students may have seconds (soup, peanut butter sandwich, bagel, or the main entree if available) if they have eaten their entree and taken a bite of side items.
Lower school hot lunch students may choose to substitute a peanut butter and jelly, cheese, turkey or ham sandwich, or a cup of soup for the main entree. Middle school may, in addition, substitute a bagel and a protein (cream cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, cheese) for the entree. High school may also substitute a salad or ½ wrap, along with the other items mentioned.
Ala carte items may be purchased with a prepaid ala carte card, cash, or a combination of both. Prepaid ala carte cards are provided at a discount. At the high school and middle school, the entire amount of the card must be used at one time, either at break or at lunch. Balances do not carry forward. Please discuss with your child the amount they wish to purchase. The amount purchased may be divided between multiple cards.
Examples of ala carte items:
- 25 cents - milk, juice, fresh veggies, cheese cubes, pretzels, goldfish
- 50 cents - bagel, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, string cheese, fresh fruit
- 75 cents - small soup, chips, fresh fruit plates
- $1 – large water, peanut butter sandwich, cheese sandwich
- $1.50 – large soup
- $2 - wraps, turkey or ham sandwiches
- $2.50 – Vegetarian salad
- $3 – salad with meat
The variety of ala carte items increase with each division.
Pizza will be served the first day of each week that school is in session.
Hot lunch pizza includes two slices for grades 5 – 12. Grades KP – 4 may opt for 1 or 2 slices. See pricing sheet.
Students who do not pay for regular hot lunch may order slices of pizza on pizza day. Students are encouraged to prepay for a pizza card to insure availability. A pizza card is good for pizza only, not the complete hot lunch.
Please make checks payable to Canterbury School. Fill out the enclosed form for each student. Yearly or four payment plan should be sent to the business office by the due date(s).
Prepaid lunches and snacks cannot be refunded. Extended absences due to illness will be considered. Please call.
Students who forget their packed lunch may charge a substitute lunch consisting of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, small soup, fruit and milk or juice. Payment of $2.50 is expected the next day. This is the only chargeable item.
Please refer to the order form for yearly and 4 payment plan.
Weekly lunch prices:
- KP/K: $17.50 with 1 pizza slice, $18.75 with 2 pizza slices
- Grades 1-4: $18.75 with 1 pizza slice, $20 with 2 pizza slices
- Grades 5-8: $20 with 2 pizza slices
- Grades 9-12: $21.25 with 2 pizza slices
- Weekly prices: Daily Prices: K/KP $3.50
Grades 1-4 $3.75
Grades 5-8 $4
Grades 9 -12 $4.25
Daily lunch prices
- KP/K: $3.50
- Grades 1-4 $3.75
- Grades 5-8 $4
- Grades 9-12 $4.25