It is time to begin planning for the upcoming school year and for fall athletics. The High School has a No Cut Policy - all students are invited to participate in our athletics program.
Fall practice opportunities for many teams will begin on the first date allowable by IHSAA by-laws - Monday, July 31. Athletes must plan to be present for 10 practices (one per day) prior to being eligible for a contest in that sport (Exception: Girls Golf requirement is 2 practices).
Monday, August 7, will be the mandatory date to attend practices for all. However, earlier attendance may be necessary for athletes to get the minimum of 10 practices and thus be eligible for any early games as of August 18. Please check specific sport schedules for August game dates.
OPENING PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Prior to classes beginning, teams practice daily, Monday through Friday (Saturdays will be announced by team coaches). This is the tentative schedule, your coach may adjust or provide a schedule after the first day of practice.
The IHSAA mandates a minimum 10 practices (one per day maximum counts toward the 10) prior to any game participation-please be attentive to the start date for your team to be sure you allow for adequate practice opportunities.
First Available Practice Day Per IHSAA
- Volleyball: July 31 from 5-8:30 p.m. (w/ breaks)
- Boys Soccer: July 31-Aug. 5 from 8:30-10:30 a.m. and Aug. 8-12 from 6-8 p.m.
- Girls Soccer: July 31 from 9-10:30 a.m.
- Boys Tennis: July 31 from 8:30-11 a.m.
- Cross Country: July 31 M/W/F from 8-9:30 a.m. and starting Aug. 7 everyday 8-9:30 a.m.
*Friday Only Cross Country meets at Foster Park*
- Girls Golf: July 31 at 9 a.m. at Chestnut Hills Golf Club
Questions or individual circumstances regarding participation on a team, practice attendance, etc. should be directed to the appropriate head coach listed. Do not take for granted that a coach knows your individual circumstances without your direct contact.
- Girls Golf - Bob Brothers
- Boys Tennis - Jerry Gerig
- Girls Soccer - Jen Crandal
- Boys Soccer Greg Mauch
- Cross Country - Rob Westfall
- Volleyball - Drew Achenbach