Canterbury School is an independent, coeducational day school offering a college preparatory education to students in Early Childhood through Grade 12. The school seeks to enroll students of diverse talents and backgrounds. Canterbury promotes the total development of each child in his or her intellectual, physical, social and spiritual growth.
We believe students should develop a strong and broad base of knowledge, a genuine love for and appreciation of the challenges of learning, and an understanding of the implications of Christian principles in their daily lives.
The goals of Canterbury School are:
- To provide a challenging educational program based on a strong college preparatory curriculum.
- To promote intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- To develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To encourage students to develop their potential through participation in a full range of school programs and activities.
- To provide and support opportunities for students to learn and practice leadership skills.
- To nurture in each student self-confidence, self-worth and integrity.
- To instill a sense of community responsibility and service.
- To create an awareness of the standards, obligations and enduring values of life.
We believe that our school community and its members are enriched by understanding and respecting the differences and uniqueness in all people. We further believe that we should initiate and support programs, practices and curricula that promote the diversity of the world in which we live and are consistent with the school mission.
Canterbury School admits students of any sex, race, color, religion or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational and admissions policies, or its financial, athletic and other school-administered programs.